Holy Cross began as a mission church in 1863. She was blessed and dedicated by Bishop Timon of Buffalo on May 3rd. Reverend John M. Maurice of Our Mother of Sorrows served as pastor for the first ten years.

Father John J. Donnelly became the first resident pastor on July 7, 1873. Since then Holy Cross has had ten other resident pastors including: Rev. Thomas Hendricks, Rev. Simon FitzSimons, Rev. John Fitzgerald, Rev. William Payne, Rev. Alexander McCabe, Bishop Lawrence B. Casey, Rev. Joseph O'Connell, Rev. Robert Fennessy, Rev. John P. O'Malley and our current pastor, Rev. Thomas H. Wheeland.

The present structure of Holy Cross Church was built in 1881. During the 112 years of its existence, the bell tower, the baptistry, and south entrance were added. 1985 saw the present interior remodeling of the church building. Rededication ceremonies were held in June of that year by Bishop Matthew Clark.

In 1998, the first major addition in almost 50 years was built onto Holy Cross Church. The assembly area was enlarged to accomodate 70 additional seats, plus a large meeting area and new kitchen were added to provide space for gatherings of up to 175 people. The new addition was dedicated by Bishop Matthew Clark in January, 1999.